We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy explains how your personal information will be treated as you access and interact with our Site.
Collection and use of information
We or our service providers may collect the following types of Site related information:
- Information in relation to your web page ‘http headers’ and home server domain names, IP address, the type of computer you are using, and the type of web browser you are using.
- We also collect information on what pages visitors to our Site access. This information can be both user specific or collected in aggregate.
- We receive and store certain types of information, ie ‘cookies’, whenever you interact with our Site.
- The email addresses of visitors that communicate with us via email. To ensure that we are providing materials of interest to you, we may monitor whether you opened a particular email or have clicked on the images or links therein.
- To enhance usability and for Site behavioral analysis, we collect information related to the way in which you use our Site; in particular, whether you complete online forms or, if not, where you drop off as well as your movement around the page.
Sensitive information is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
We will not ask you to disclose sensitive information, but if you elect to provide sensitive information it may also be captured and stored where you have consented to us collecting and holding such sensitive information and we determine that the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of the purposes outlined in our privacy and credit reporting policy.
Information from third parties
Our Site also contains links to the websites of third party providers of goods and services. If you have accessed third party websites through our Site and if those third parties collect information about you, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
Where you access a third party website from our Site, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party.
Advertising and tracking
When you view our advertisements on a third party website, the advertising company uses ‘cookies’ and in some cases ‘web beacons’ to collect information such as:
- the server your computer is logged onto;
- your browser type;
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the performance of their marketing efforts.
When you access our Site after viewing one of our advertisements on a third party website, the advertising company collects information on how you utilise our Site (eg which pages you view) and whether you complete an online application.
We may use third party service providers that track your website usage behavior while on our website for the purpose of providing us with information to determine how better to organise our pages. We may also use such third parties to assist us conduct Site testing.
We use ‘cookies’ to provide you with better and more customised services and with a more effective Site.
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our webpage servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your internet browser.
- to allocate a unique number to your internet browsers; to customise our Site for you;
- for statistical and/or behavioral analysis purposes;
- to identify if you have accessed a third party website;
- and for security purposes.
When you send a completed online application to us, we retain the information contained in that application. We are able to then use that information to provide any financial services that you require.
You may be able to also suspend and save online applications, so you can complete and send the applications at a later time. If you suspend or save your application, the information that you have entered will be retained in our systems so that you may recover the information when you resume your application. Online applications that have been suspended or saved may be viewed by us.
We may use third party service providers to analyse the way you fill out our online forms.
We will not be liable or responsible for:
- our Site not meeting your individual requirements or containing defects or errors, as our Site has not been developed specifically for you. It is your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of our Site meet your requirements;
- any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your mobile device, data or proprietary material due to your use of our Site; or
- breaches caused by a third party accessing your account with us as a result of your failure to ensure the security of access to our Site from your computer or mobile device.
Security of information
The security of your information is very important to us.
We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information in our systems from misuse, interference, loss, and any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we no longer require your information, and we are legally permitted to, we will take all reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information.
We take reasonable steps to preserve the security of cookie and personal information in accordance with this policy and our privacy and credit reporting policy. If your browser is suitably configured, it will advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted).
You understand that any message or information you send using our Site may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
All content and services on or available through our Site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis and we do not make any representations or give any warranty or guarantee in respect of our Site or its content.
You agree that by using our Site, you will be solely responsible for ensuring the security of access to our Site by third parties.
We will not use or disclose sensitive information about you for direct marketing purposes unless you have consented to that kind of use or disclosure.
We may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us or from other organisations, you may submit a request to email@example.com
Disclosure to overseas entities
Please contact us on 0420805292 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information.
Site conditions of use
You may download our mobile app to view, use and display it on mobile devices for your personal purposes only. You must delete it from a mobile device if you change that mobile device or intend to dispose of it.
You agree you will:
- not remove or tamper with any copyright notice attached to or contained in our Site;
- not disclose your Loantec PIN to any other person;
- not record your Loantec PIN in writing or on an electronic device;
- not allow any other person to see you entering your Loantec PIN;
- not act with carelessness in failing to protect your Loantec PIN;
- not allow another person to use our Site on your device;
- not leave your device unattended and left logged into our Site;
- take all reasonable steps necessary to stop unauthorised use of our Site on your device;
- notify us immediately if your device is lost or stolen;
- notify us immediately if your device is suddenly disconnected without your permission (which may indicate you have been subject to mobile phone porting);
- not use our Site for any other purpose other than those purposes for which we have provided the Site;
- be solely responsible for your device’s security arrangements;
- not act fraudulently, unlawfully or maliciously in relation to our Site, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into our Site or any operating system;
- comply with any applicable law and regulation relating to downloading, using or otherwise exporting the technology used or supported by our Site, which may include but is not limited to not using our Site in a country where the use of our Site is unlawful; and
- download a new version of our mobile application when notified to do so.
To the extent permitted by the ePayments Code, you (or if applicable, the relevant account holder) will be liable for any loss arising from an unauthorised transaction occurring as a result of a breach of any of these obligations.
With your consent, we use push notifications to send you information relating to us. You can manage your push notification preferences or deactivate these notifications at any time by turning off the notification settings in our Site or in the device settings of your mobile device.
Trademarks and copyright
All copyright, trade marks (including the registered Loantec trademark) and all other intellectual property rights in our Site and its content (including without limitation the pages screens, information and material) included in our Site and all software and source codes connected with our Site is owned by us unless otherwise noted. Any use of our intellectual property without our express permission is prohibited.